Personal Philosophy of Education
Focus of the Final Paper
Using your five chapter summaries (i.e., your journals which synthesized the key points of each chapter) as a point of departure, generate a seven paragraph essay encompassing your personal philosophy of education. This should represent a culmination of your learning in this course and a synthesis of your current knowledge as an educator. Your final paper must include:
- An introduction in which you reflect on your learning and the major focus points of the course
- Five body paragraphs comprising each of your chapter summaries
- A conclusion that encompasses the essence of your foundational beliefs as an educator and how they will inform your teaching and learning in the future
For support in writing a capstone essay, use this sample as a reference.
Writing the Final Paper The Final Paper
- Must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.