This has 2 Parts, both need at least 2-references, and all new content
Your fast-food franchise has been cleared for business in all 4 countries (United Arab Emirates, Israel, Mexico, and China). You now have to start construction on your restaurants. The financing is coming from the United Arab Emirates, the materials are coming from Mexico and China, the engineering and technology are coming from Israel , and the labor will be hired locally within these countries by your management team from the United States. You invite all of the players to the headquarters in the United States for a big meeting to explain the project and get to know one another. The people seem to be staying with their own groups and not mingling.
- What is the cultural phenomenon here?
- How do you explain the lack of intercultural communication?
- What do you know about these culturesâ€”specifically their economic, political, educational, and social systemsâ€”that could help you in getting them together?
- What are some of the contrasting cultural values of these countries?
You are concerned about some of the language issues as you start the meeting, particularly the fact that the United States is a low-context country, and some of the countries present are high-context countries. Furthermore, you only speak English, and you do not have an interpreter present.
- How will this affect the presentation?
- What are some of the issues you should be concerned about regarding verbal and nonverbal language for this group?
- What strategy would you use to begin to have everyone develop a relationship with each other that will help ease future negotiations, development, and implementation?
Please submit your assignment.
Deliverable length: 1,250 words
You need to begin negotiating the contracts with the individual teams from each country using the strategy that you outlined earlier.
- What sort of negotiating model would work with each group?
- What mistakes do you need to avoid?
- What if conflicts come up? How would you overcome them?
- What are the intercultural components that you would use for each group?
Before you begin the negotiations, you realize that you need to develop relationships with the people involved and make sure that you are negotiating with the decision makers.
- Why is this important?
- What will you do to develop relationships?
Make sure that you relate your answer for this entire IP to the construction project that the team is working on.