In order to earn full discussion points, the following criteria must be met in full:
1. Provide an initial post on or BEFORE Saturday.
2. Post more than 2 comments per Discussion topic on separate days (resulting in total participation on three different days throughout the discussion). At least two comments include a citation.
3. Frequently attempt to motivate the group discussion.
4. Answer all discussion question points with opinions/ideas creatively and clearly. Supports post using several outside, peer-reviewed sources (Scholarly sourcesâ€¦ NOT internet sites).
5. No errors with APA format.
6. Consistently use Standard American English with no misspellings. Appropriate mechanics and formatting.
7. The initial post must at least 200 words. This does not include repeating the DB question or the citations and references.
Utilizing knowledge and insights gained from the assigned chapter in the text and other reliable sources:
- Define qualitative research and provide two examples of qualitative designs with a brief explanation of each design.
- Identify a potential qualitative research study that is important to nursing and describe which design you would use for this study, why you would use that design, and how the information generated from the study could be applied in nursing practice.
- End your discussion with a reflection as to the value of qualitative research adding to the science, knowledge, and practice of nursing.
- Provide at least three citations with full references to credible nursing scholarly articles supporting your definitions and discussion.