This Assignment contains two seperate assignments. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Research Mental Health in adults with substance abuse
- Research the assessment portion.
- Research the policy section.
- Research the assurance section
- Put together a power-point presentation with speaker notes.
Focus on a real-life issue or problem related to health care within a community, city, or county.
Create two presentations. Each presentation should have at least six slides. Presentations must analyze the health issue/problem, describe its impact, provide policy recommendations, and apply public health assurances that the public health system will be effective in addressing this issue.
Present findings in a well-organized, concise, and expert analysis proposal.
For the Final Presentation, you will follow the outline of the 10 Essential Public Health Services to address a public health issue/concern. The topic being mental health in adults with substance abuse and walk through the services that fall under the three core functions of public health as outlined below. Create a powerpoint presentation based on this. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2013):
Specific Core Functions of Public Health
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.