Equipment with an estimated market value of $55,000 is offered for sale at $75,000. The equipment is acquired for $20,000 in cash and a note payable of $40,000 due in 30 days. The amount used in the buyer’s accounting records to record this acquisition is
The return expected from Project No. 542 is 22 percent. The standard deviation of these returns is 11 percent. If returns from the project are normally distributed, what is the chance that the project will result in a rate of return above 33 percent? What is the probabilitythat the project will result in losses (negative rates of return)?
Assignment 1: Compensation PracticeDue Week 4 and worth 250 points
Use the Internet to research a publicly traded company for which you would like to work.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Briefly describe the company you researched, its compensation strategy, best practices they are applying, and compensation-related challenges they are facing.
- Analyze how your company applies compensation practice to determine the positive or negative impact to the company and its stakeholders.
- Examine the ways in which laws, labor unions, and market factors impact the company’s compensation practices. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of traditional bases for pay at the company you researched.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Please answer the following attached question in Excel.
If you want the formulas and any calculations, select the corresponding cell and press F2(Function Key on key board),It will show all calculations and formulas AutomaticallyQuestion: Solution:…
Read the article Cleveland Shooting Highlight’s Facebook’s Responsibility in Policing Depraved Videos found at: http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/cleveland-shooting-highlights-facebook-s-responsibility-policing-depraved-videos-n747306
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Discuss whether or not you believe that Facebook has a legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victim.
- Suggest and elaborate on three (3) ways that social media platforms can be more proactive and thorough with their review of the types of content that appear on their sites.
- Propose two (2) safeguards that Facebook and other social media platforms should put into place to help prevent acts of violence from being broadcasted.
- Conduct some research to determine whether or not Facebook has an Ethics Officer or Oversight Committee. If so, discuss the key functions of these positions. If not, debate on whether or not they should create these roles.
- Propose two (2) changes Facebook should adopt to encourage ethical use of their platform.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
1.Conceptually, what is the difference between the methods used to estimate the expected future profits and the expected future cash flows of a potential investment opportunity?
2.Why is the reinvestment assumption associated with the NPV calculation more appropriate than the reinvestment assumption associated with the IRR calculation?
Hypothetically, you work for a firm that owns and operates five car dealerships. The chief investment officer suggests that the firm should buy gold as an investment because he read in the paper that the demand for gold is expected to go up significantly in the future. Would you expect this to be a value enhancing investment?
4. If the expected IRR of a potential investment opportunity is greater than the firm’s WACC, then we know that this is a value enhancing investment opportunity. Agree or disagree, and why?
5. When estimating the adjusted NPV (or APV) of a project, an analyst needs to estimate the asset’s beta to determine the project’s risk adjusted discount rate (RADR or Ka). Should the analyst gather the necessary inputs (equity beta, debt beta, tax rate, etc.) from the firm considering the investment or from a set of pure play firms? Explain.
6.As a financial analyst of a small manufacturing firm you must consider how to adjust your NPV analysis for the investment to expand the firm’s production facility in eastern Washington given the news that state regulators are considering new regulation that would make it considerable more costly to operate this facility in eastern Washington look like. What would brief memo to the CFO on how you would adjust your NPV analysis be as specific as possible (include a discussion of risk adjusted discount rates and the appropriate risk assessment tool to be used).
7 .Your firm is considering investing $40 million to develop some new technology to enhance the sales of your existing products. The expected NPV from this investment equals $1.7 million and it was reported that the breakeven level of investment dollars into the development of this new technology is $42 million. Based on these results from this breakeven analysis, would you recommend the firm invest the $40 million to develop the new technology?
8.You work for a firm in their capital budgeting division and your manager has asked you about the benefits of applying Monte Carlos Simulation when analyzing the firm’s alternative investment opportunities. How would you respond?
9. give a recommendation regarding the decision to invest or not invest in this potential investment opportunity given the following results from Monte Carlo Simulation model:
Mean NPV Standard Deviation Prob(NPV>0) Value at Risk (VAR)
$18 m $ 38 m 68% -$28 m
10. The Adjusted Net Present Value (APV) model is better to evaluate a potential investment opportunity facing the firm than the traditional NPV model (discounting at WACC) because the APV model considers the valuation effects of financing the project with debt. Agree or disagree? Explain why.
11. If a firm decides to permanently increase its debt to asset ratio (leveraging up):
a. What would be the impact on the firm’s WACC? Explain!
b. What would be the impact on the firm’s asset beta? Explain!
c. Assuming the firm uses their WACC as the required return, what would be the impact on the NPV of the firm’s potential investment opportunities? Explain!
Learning Journal: Should You Invest or Not?
Using the company you chose(Apple inc) for the Unit 2 journal, continue to research the company in order to be able to ultimately make a decision about investing in the company.
Unit 4-Annual Report of the Company (20 Points)
In your journal please answer the following questions regarding your company:
- What sections make up the current Annual Report? Why are they important?
- What did you like and dislike about the letter to the shareholders? Why?
- What did you find interesting about the operating highlights?
- What countries does your company operate in besides the United States?
- What are the future plans/goals of your company? Do these coincide with your investment goals? How?
Please make sure that your responses are in complete sentences and that you use correct grammar and punctuation (i only need 1 page thanks
With this definition in mind then, the classic symptom of brand equity is reduced price sensitivity. For example, a consumer is willing to pay a higher price for a Coca-Cola than for a generic (or unknown) cola. It is the knowledge about the brand that consumers hold in their heads which determines this equity.
1. Ryan, a lawyer, purchases shares of corporate stock for $20,000 in December of Year 1. At the end of Year 2, they are worth $17,000. He sells the shares in October of Year 3 for $13,000.Describe Ryan’s tax consequences with respect to the purchase and ownership of the shares under both SHS notions of income and under current law.
2. Geier Textbook – Chapter 1
Questions 2 – Use the information from this question (Sheila and Shane) to complete page 1 (only) of Form 1040. We will complete page 2 next week.
This form can be found at irs.gov. Use the form for 2015. You can hand write to complete the form or complete electronically. Make up address and social security numbers. Decide on filing status. The purpose of this exercise is to get you familiar with the irs.gov website and with form 1040.
3. Geier Textbook – Chapter 1
Questions 2 – Use the information from this question (Sheila and Shane) to complete page 2 (only) of Form 1040. This form can be found at irs.gov. Use the form for 2015. You can hand write to complete the form or complete electronically. You completed page 1 of the Form 1040 last week. For page 2, you will need to become familiar with the tax tables. You may either take the standard deduction or itemize deductions (Schedule A). If you itemize deductions, assume that state tax withheld was $7,000. Assume that federal tax withheld is $30,000.
4. From the Geier textbook, answer the Problem on page 175 of Chapter 6.
Geier Textbook link – https://www.cali.org/sites/default/files/2015Geier_Tax_0.pdf
please answer 4 questions above.
Question 1Year 1, purchase of shares = $ 20000Year 2, the value of share = $ 17000Year 3, sells shares in October= $13000Investment income / loss= 13000- 20000=- $7000Ryan`s tax consequences;…
Conduct a SWOT analysis for the Kmart chain. Be as specific as possible in identifying your perceptions of the company’s strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Use bullet format.Also: what major opportunites & threats do you foresee for Kmart in the next year, three years, 10 years? How can they use the strengths you identified to take advantage of its opportunities? What plans should Kmart implement to overcome the weaknesses you identified?